What is a warm handover?
A Warm Handover is where you have a conversation with a client or patient and identify other support that they would benefit from that your organisation does not provide, but that you know others do. If the customer would like to be referred to another organisation in the Warm Handover Scheme, or you feel it is in their best interests, you can pass their personal information on to those organisations by completing an online form and selecting which organisations the referral goes to. The organisations will then contact the client to offer support.
This process is to be used with vulnerable clients or those that you feel will not contact an organisation if you just signpost them to that organisation.
Why should I do this?
- Services and organisations are ready to help you, and to step in and support your customers
- The process is quick and easy - you just need to fill out the form and it will all be done
- Partner organisations have come together to support clients in an efficient and holistic way and using the Warm Handover means that they do not have to keep repeating their story
What do I need to do?
Links to help you
- Find out What services partners do
- Referral process
- SIP Meetings - keeping up to date with partners' news and changes to services
Trouble shooting and FAQs
The form has not been submitted and I do not have a reference number
If you leave the form for 45 minutes in the middle of completing it it will time out and will not send. You will need to start again.
I cannot open the referral email
Referrals are sent securely to organisations outside Suffolk County Council. You will need to use OME (Office 365 Message Encryption) to open the referral. Follow the intsructions on the screen and use the one time password option. More help can be found here.
Where can I get more help and who can I ask?
Please see the Hints and Tips document. You will also find a list of Warm Handover leads for each partner organisation at the end of the document.
If you would like other FAQs added to this page or want to suggest improvements to the tools and guidance documents please contact us.
“The Warm handover has proved to be an excellent facility that allows us to liaise securely online with our partners and ensure good outcomes for our clients” Citizens Advice North East Suffolk